You are here
Kingdom Landscaping Attends Pondemonium 2016
Don't confuse Pondemonium with Pandemonium! Pondemonium is an annual EPIC event sponsored by the world's largest water feature company: Aquascape Inc. Aquascape is based right outside of Chicago in St. Charles, Illinois. The event took place at the Q Center Resort and Aqualand (Aquascape's Headquarters) from Tuesday, August 23, through Saturday, August 27th. This years theme: Leading the Change!
Here's a rundown of our itinerary:
- Tuesday, August 23 - Aqualand - Pizza Party (Chicago style) and Burgers
- Wednesday, August 24 - Aqualand - DISC Leadership Bootcamp
- Thursday, August 25 - Q Center - CAC-Only Advanced Water Feature Build
- Friday, August 26 - Q Center - Classroom Training
- Saturday, August 26 - Q Center - Artist of the Year Awards & Pond Tour
The best way for you to experience what we experienced is to watch this video. Keep your eye out for Tom, Jodi, and Matt; you will see us in many shots.
Why do we spend thousands (yes...thousands) of dollars to participate in an event like this? So we can serve you--our customers--better.
- By building outstanding, beautiful, functional water features using the latest tips and techniques from the BEST pond builders from all over the world! Yes, world; there are CACs from England, Australia, Canada, Mexico, and other countries that attend this event.
- By learning how to run our business more effectively and efficiently by utilizing the latest software and business systems.
- By understanding people's personality styles and behaviors so we can build better relationships with our coworkers and customers.
- By being the most knowledgeable about our pond-building passion so we can provide our customers with solutions and not problems.
- By networking with other experts in the field. The CAC Group (Certified Aquascape Contractor) is a Tribe like no other. We help one another get better, and we learn from one another.
Artists & Creativity
The one thing we love about this profession is the artistic creativity it affords us. Professional pond builders are artists. Jodi's motto, "Your yard, our canvas!" Kingdom Landscaping is blessed to have a family with so much artistic ability, whether it's designing a landscape, building a water feature, playing a musical instrument, or painting on canvas. Moriah Tyler painted a beautiful original acrylic for Greg Wittstock, the owner/founder/CEO of Aquascape. We presented this to him the first night we arrived.
She prepared matted prints of the original for others to purchase ($25 each) in order to raise money for her college tuition at Mount St. Mary's University (Art Education Major). Greg purchased several of them and presented them to those who won Aquascape's "Artist of the Year" Awards. You can visit her website to order copies for yourself. The painting was inspired by a photograph that Greg himself had taken of the Aqualand grotto (waterfall) in 2014 right after that year's Pondemonium event, which was the first Pondemonium Kingdom Landscaping attended.
Here's Moriah's painting. Notice that she added Greg's beloved companion, Buckeye.
Another aspect of creativity is "Rock Balancing." So, a fun moment that we had was trying to stack rocks like expert rock balancer, Tim Anderson. Greg turned this into a friendly competition between CACs while the Advanced Build was taking place at the Q Center. The winner would get a trip to Aquascape's Winter Retreat at Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Matt and Jodi took a shot at it. Needless to say, the competition was pretty stiff, and we did not win. Better luck next year.
Here's what expert rock balancing looks like (see picture below). This is a grouping Tim positioned on the new water feature that the CACs built in 10 hours on Thursday. Yes, 10 hours to complete this incredible pondless water feature.
Are you inspired yet?
The possibilities are limitless when building water features. Really, the only limit is your wallet (that's why we all need to win the lottery so we can build the water features we've always dreamed of).
Please do not hesitate to contact us for you next outdoor living space project. Trust me, this article could go on and on about this trip ... New 2017 Aquascape Products ... the Pond Tour ... the CAC Build ... but I must stop somewhere.
Remember, Kingdom Landscaping doesn't just build water features, but we also specialize in paver patios, retaining walls, fire pits and fireplaces, outdoor kitchens, and much, much more. We gladly service the Tri-State area of Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia, including the cities of Hagerstown, Frederick, Waynesboro, Gettysburg, Martinsburg, and Shepherdstown.
You can visit our website and fill out our "Get a Quote" form or contact our office at 301-416-0033. We look forward to serving you in the future.