You are here
MAHTS IS BACK!
What is MAHTS?
MAHTS stands for the Mid-Atlantic Hardscaping Trade Show, and it takes place in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The last time EP Henry hosted this trade show in Atlantic City was in 2015. We will never forget that trip because it was our first time attending a MAHTS Trade Show as well as our first time in Atlantic City, but even more memorable was the snow storm. As soon as we arrived and checked into our hotel, a blizzard warning had been posted for Hagerstown, and Tom, Matt, and Michael, had to drive back to Maryland to plow snow for the next 24 hours, and then drive back to Atlantic City. This time the weather was much nicer, and Tom and I even got an opportunity to walk on the beach.
Our main motive for traveling to Atlantic City in December, right before Christmas, wasn't for the beach or the shopping, or the casinos, but it was to learn. EP Henry offered an incredible line up of continuing education classes to choose from. Here's a list of the classes we each attended:
- NCMA Advanced Segmental Wall Construction (Matt)
- Becoming a Person of Influence (Matt & Tom)
- Using the Right Size Paver for the Project (Matt)
- Installing Natural Stone for Pools, Pool Coping, Patios and Caps, Digital Templating and Custom Fabrication (Jodi)
- Scaling Your Business Using Social Media (Jodi)
- Using Your Website to Attract More Business (Jodi)
- Utilizing Drones and Other Technology to Market Your Business (Jodi & Matt)
- Building Your Business with Ponds and Water Features (Jodi & Matt)
- EP Henry's Cast Stone Wall and Belgard's Tandem Wall Interactive Live Demo Installation (Tom)
- Using Tools to Increase Productivity and Help Solve Your Labor Crisis (Tom)
- SRW Best Practices (Tom)
- You Can Charge for Your Estimates (Tom)
Another important part of the conference is the Trade Show. I'm not sure exactly how many different exhibitors there were but there were several aisles packed full of vendors with tools, lighting, tile, water features, financing, insurance, apparel, outdoor kitchens, fire features, design software, and more. It's always great to walk around and talk to the sales reps from companies that we already deal with as well as seeing the latest tool innovations and technology. And, this year there were several vendors who donated items for a raffle drawing at the end of the event. Our very own, King Tom, won a fabulous YETI cooler. What a blessing!!!
Both EP Henry and Belgard showcased several different layouts and designs using their pavers and wall block. Here are a few that caught our eyes.
EP Henry is known for hosting the best gatherings with incredible food. We enjoyed sampling several culinary creations. Delicious! But, it's not all about the food; we had fun hanging out with our friends from Sunny Meadows Garden Center (located in Boonsboro, Maryland).
It's Not ALL Business - We Have Fun, Too!