You are here
The earth is known as the Blue Planet for a reason. Water is a dominant part of our everyday lives. The world’s current challenge is to improve the planet’s water quality and then maintain clean and healthy water that supports all forms of life: humans, animals, plants, etc.
Rainwater harvesting the Aquascape way is very similar in scope to storm water management the permeable paver way. The goal is to eliminate damage caused by storm water runoff and to store and reuse the water. Capturing and reusing rainwater just makes sense. It will reduce water bills (for those who are not on well systems), it will alleviate demand on municipal systems, and it will avoid strict watering schedules. Rainwater is rich in nutrients and free of chemicals.
Did you know?
- 1 inch of rainfall on a 2,000 sf residential roof generates 1,250 gallons of water than can be reused.
- That same roof in a region receiving 30 inches of annual rainfall generates 41,000 gallons of reusable water.
- The average household with a 10,000 sf lot uses up to 3,000 gallons of water weekly for landscape irrigation.
- Running a sprinkler for 2 hours can use up to 500 gallons of water.
The Aquascape RainXchange® System
This revolutionary design combines a re-circulating decorative water feature with a sub-surface rainwater harvest storage system. While you enjoy the benefits of a decorative water feature, the RainXchange® System filters the stored water to prevent stagnation and growth of unhealthy bacteria.
Take a moment to view this informational video on the RainXchange® System:
How It Works
- Downspout Filter. Captures and removes pollutants flushed into the system during a rain event.
- Connecting Pipe. Carries the water, via gravity, to the modular storage basin.
- Modular Storage Basin. Modular design can be configured to fit a wide variety of applications and settings. EPDM rubber membrane creates a water-tight basin.
- Snorkel Vault® & Centipede® Module. Optimum water utilization within the system and a convenient access point for yearly maintenance and cleaning.
- High Efficiency Pump.
- Flexible PVC Pipe.
- Overflow Infiltration. Excess rainwater is sent to a storage area that facilitates the infiltration of water into deeper soils and aquifers.
- Biological Filtration. Beneficial bacteria and enzymes reduce organic waste and pollutants to less toxic substances that can be absorbed by plants.
- Aquatic Plants. Providing food and shelter for a great number of birds, insects, and amphibians, and the cornerstone for maintaining biodiversity.
- Irrigation System. Natural water is loaded with micronutrients and compounds that make plants flourish.
RainXchange® Rain Barrel
There are many rain barrels out on the market today, but none match the diversity of the RainXchange® Rain Barrel. This rain barrel has a planter lid for flowers and the harvested water is healthier for your plants.
This is a simple, inexpensive way to get started in capturing water for re-use. It features a 75-gallon water capacity. It can easily be incorporated into existing gutter and drainage systems. Requires no electricity and has a five-year warranty. There is a brass spigot for garden hose connection. And best yet, it is made in the U.S.A.!
Terra Cotta Rain Barrel $249.98*
Sandstone Rain Barrel $249.98*
*This price does not include taxes, delivery, or installation.
Check out Aquascapes video on installing a rain barrel below: